Monday, April 19, 2010

Blazers Chat Recap -- The Carl Edition

So I stayed up late last night to watch the Blazers play their first playoff game this season, and it was a real corker. Because there aren't as many fans here in Maryland, I chatted with Digital Blazer Fans in the Oregonlive.com Blazer chat room! A good time was had by all, and because so many blazer fans come regularly to my blog (one, I think), I just knew you'd all want to read my real-time reactions to the game!

My avatar was zarepath, and due to weird copy/paste mechanics, every moniker is listed twice. So, weird.

[Comment From JudithJudith: ]
Where is Bayless? Is he on the bench? I do not see him on the floor.

[Comment From zarepathzarepath: ]
bayless is currently practicing recklessly driving into his locker and throwing the ball at the ceiling

[Comment From zarepathzarepath: ]
I wonder if a marcus camby bobblehead could rebound falling office supplies off of my desk before they hit the floor

[Comment From zarepathzarepath: ]
welcome to the playoffs, cute ol' cunningham

Joel Odom:
Halftime. Barbosa's 3 makes it 44-43. He torched Blazers in that first half.

[Comment From zarepathzarepath: ]
isn't he, like, a pirate or something?

[Comment From blazerduckblazerduck: ]
Pryz, Oden and LA all got called for defensive-3 a lot

[Comment From zarepathzarepath: ]
the refs just get mad that portlanders are invading Dwight's and Shaq's summer homes


[Comment From zarepathzarepath: ]
I think if my last name were Barbosa, I could dominate, too. Egads, what a great name.


[Comment From zarepathzarepath: ]
I think we've shot a good many more FTs than they have, but we're actually driving the ball instead of acting like the three point line is an invisible shield.

[Comment From zarepathzarepath: ]
The officials were just tuning their whistles. The second half will have more stops than a broken subway

[Comment From zarepathzarepath: ]
rudy had some good drives in the 1st quarter. Then again, so did my '94 chevy corsica.

[Comment From zarepathzarepath: ]
McMillan says their offense is fine, while Gentry says their defense is fine. Should we just play the one half of the floor?

[Comment From zarepathzarepath: ]
they let stoudemire shoot the ball. We win this game; I'm calling it now.


[Comment From DennyhilDennyhil: ]
GET RUDY OUT - HES LOST!!!!

[Comment From zarepathzarepath: ]
I think rudy is lost, but will find himself. You know, like in an Avril Lavigne song. Finding the basket, though...

[Comment From zarepathzarepath: ]
Camby gets three rebounds just getting dressed each morning.

The Oregonian:
Stoudemire bangs down the lane, he and Camby tangle, basket's good and crowd goes nuts. Chants of "MVP" and he misses the FT.

[Comment From zarepathzarepath: ]
can a crowd chant "MVP" for two different players on the same team? Do they know what the word "Most" means in Phoenix?

[Comment From zarepathzarepath: ]
ball don't lie. It just sends mixed signals.

[Comment From zarepathzarepath: ]
So which TNT commercial is the most obnoxious--the rapping McDonald's commercial, or the Leverage advertisements? Close call.

[Comment From zarepathzarepath: ]
the phoenix fans should shout "MVP" for Rudy. Might as well add a third, y'know?

[Comment From zarepathzarepath: ]
Webster's been wearing Camby's lucky underwear today, obviously

[Comment From zarepathzarepath: ]
the officials are doing a finger puppet show for a nice little break

Joel Odom:
zare, I hope you're with us the whole series.

[Comment From zarepathzarepath: ]
I just hope that Rudy's with us the whole series...I think he might wander off the court, foul the entire Phoenix arena, and get lost in a back-alley


[Comment From zarepathzarepath: ]
okay, I found the winner. It's the Wear No Pants commercial.

[Comment From augiedog34augiedog34: ]
bayless also had 2 really bad shots in a row


[Comment From zarepathzarepath: ]
Bayless just silenced Blazers livestreams and forums all over the universe.

[Comment From zarepathzarepath: ]
how many points does Stoudemire have in binary? 10? 110?

[Comment From zarepathzarepath: ]
phx4life...are you a phoenix fan? Because I can't tell, otherwise.

[Comment From zarepathzarepath: ]
if I were a stripper, I'd want Howard as my bouncer.

The Oregonian:
OK, now people are standing in front of me and I can't see.

[Comment From zarepathzarepath: ]
so when everybody stands at remote viewing parties in the rose garden, do they chant "defense?"


[Comment From zarepathzarepath: ]
"Dragic" should be the name of a brand of back-scratchers


[Comment From zarepathzarepath: ]
so, I guess charges are out of the game now.


[Comment From zarepathzarepath: ]
Phoenix needs to put Rudy back into the game.

[Comment From zarepathzarepath: ]
Camby is like a mix of Mr. Fantastic, Inspector Gadget, and, like, uh, a really good shot-blocker/rebounder.

[Comment From MatthewMatthew: ]
oh i know, my wife is yelling at me now to come to bed....NEVER! playoff time baby!

[Comment From zarepathzarepath: ]
I just gently explained to my wife that the Blazers are more important than she is. No problems here.

[Comment From zarepathzarepath: ]
SOMEBODY WENT TO THE CEMETERY AND DUG UP ALDRIDGE

[Comment From zarepathzarepath: ]
Batum's answering machine goes something like this: "I just put three points on your face. Leave me a message. BEEEEEEEP."


[Comment From zarepathzarepath: ]
wait, phx4life...are you a phoenix fan?

[Comment From zarepathzarepath: ]
stoudemire has more fouls now than changes of underwear

[Comment From zarepathzarepath: ]
so does Canzano only hang out here when people complain about him?


[Comment From zarepathzarepath: ]
SOMEBODY GO BACK TO THE CEMETERY AND BURY ALDRIDGE AGAIN

[Comment From zarepathzarepath: ]
Inspector Gadget misses the dunk. That's cool, Bayless is a cold-blooded killer. I expect to see him in a TNT ad soon for a new drama called "Cold-blooded."

0

[Comment From zarepathzarepath: ]
these NBA Cares commercials only make me think that those kids must feel real awkward with those cameras following them around.


[Comment From Blazer in PABlazer in PA: ]
WHEELS is getting hoarse lol

[Comment From zarepathzarepath: ]
if Wheels and the sound barrier were to meet in a dark alley, who would win?


[Comment From wilsgrantwilsgrant: ]
This chat has way too much lag. Agreed?

[Comment From zarepathzarepath: ]
yeah, fix the stream so my droll remarks don't lose their timeliness.

[Comment From zarepathzarepath: ]
so, phx4life...how long are you planning on being a phoenix fan? Any specific amount of time you have in mind?

[Comment From zarepathzarepath: ]
Official Recipients of Zarepoints this game: Miller, Camby, Webster, Bayless. Redeem your Zarepoints up front for cheap rubber bracelets or a nerf ball

[Comment From zarepathzarepath: ]
Nash heaved that one all the way from Canada.

[Comment From zarepathzarepath: ]
Hey Barkley, you've got some black stuff on your face. Look like feathers, hanging from your lips. Oh, what's that? Oh, right--YOU'RE EATING CROW

[Comment From malicemalice: ]
you all are lucky, Amare was off. and the refs didn't have a clue. Bayless and Miller should have fouled out in the third and Camby, that chep ass. you all play that grind it out crap.

[Comment From zarepathzarepath: ]
malice, trust me. I will take your words to heart. Especially from someone with such a kind moniker.

[Comment From zarepathzarepath: ]
Webster's D was AWESOME. They're going to start calling him the Spider. Get it? Because, he like, spins webs? For defense? I expect it to catch on in about 20 minutes.

[Comment From malicemalice: ]
Thats because they understand that the Jail Blazers are a flash in the pan

[Comment From zarepathzarepath: ]
malice, I wish you'd come by more often. You're charming.


[Comment From zarepathzarepath: ]
it's almost 2 AM here. I'll see you guys tuesday for Aldridge's exhumation and, hopefully, ability to MAKE A FRIGGIN OPEN SHOT.

No comments: