Saturday, December 1, 2007

Pretty Much An Amazing Beginning

So I have a blog now. I feel like I should have something to say now that I have a blog, seeing as how that's the usual driving force for such an endeavor. To be honest, I really have no business beginning a blog because finals start in two weeks. I guess this is some kind of stress relief, or something.
I fully intend this to be a very random blog. I think my approach is going to be to put everything I write that's relevant to me on my blog, so anybody who remotely cares about anything remotely connected to me has to visit my blog. Then they might get caught into helping us determine who would win in an epic death match to the death: Oedipus of Oedipus Rex fame or Hamlet of Hamlet fame.
I finished writing a novel yesterday. It's part of National Novel-Writing Month, which involves sacrificing your free time on the altar of Writing A Novel In 30 Days. This writing strategy is also known as the "kamikaze approach." Considering my ambitions to become a famous, well-bearded writer one day, I figured it would be a good idea. I wrote about a town in south Texas called Alice. The story is actually thirteen different stories that all take place on the same day. The stories interweave a little bit, which is supposed to make it all one seamless, awesomely epic masterpiece. In retrospect I'm not sure if it really worked, but who cares? I wrote a novel. Right now it's called "Javelinas," after one of the stories in it. Javelinas are wild pigs, apparently also known as collared peccaries. While this website seems to think they only eat herbs, they eat a Chihuahua in my novel. Yes!
You can read a little excerpt of my novel here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't read any of your novels, but the fact that you're writing them, I respect that. =)

Anonymous said...

Did you vote in your own poll?

Carl Duzett said...

Don't tell me I'm not supposed to have an opinion on such a controversial topic.